Monday, February 20, 2012

All of Me

Re-enters my mind
Then I remember my heart
My heart cries.
I cup the weight of my heart in my two hands
trying to contain it,
I cannot.
My tears are the catalyst to the release
and my hands disengage, all digits but one.
I pry open each finger, one-by-one and this last ring finger
lingers
Beckoning
Beckoning what remains.
It is the last thread still in need of
tilling, twirling--something.
It traces a single line on the floor.
The line from the weight of my heart still attached
to me.
One last bit of ember
that will not burn.
It is not ready.
So I embrace it, I kiss it.
It is part of me and I battle
to choose.
I fight and tread to remember
to love it, to love
All of me.

I reach out
Reach out to nourish my soul, receive.
It evolves to begin to fill me up
I find strength in it, it finds a power from within.
Soon, two sides of me are integrating into one: the darker, fuller side and the lighter, airier side.
They feed off each other.
They become as one, I move as one with both sides infusing me.
I am power, strength, omni-love
Love found from others engulfed by my Self, internalized.
Existing as love and acceptance
for this body
     this mind
     this spirit
The one who is Me,
All of Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment